The family is listening to music on YouTube while cleaning Des’s room on a Saturday afternoon.
Des sings along with a Beatles classic: “Hey, dude!…”
Later, Des walks up to the computer and a minute later “Is This Love?” starts playing. The parents are impressed:
– Wow, Des! How did you find it?
– I just typed in the name.
In the YouTube search box, the parents find “pop marly”. And it worked!
Minutes after leaving Des at the grandparents’, Mari, Nik and Olivia are driving home. Nik’s phone rings.
Des: I wanted to tell you that you forgot the potato chips here.
Nik: Awww. Desu, thank you for letting us know! Well, I guess, you can just eat them, then.
Des (chewing): I already am!
Thanks for calling?
– Des, did you eat the candy?
very long pause
– Finally, after all these years, it’s my birthday tomorrow!!
Suddenly, on the way to school:
– I wish I were a boy…
– …?!! Why?
– All I want are ponies. I never get to play with cars!
– OK, let’s get you some cars.
– But I want ponies!
Des comes out of the bathroom:
– There is a fly in there and it was looking at me the whole time!
Mari and Nik call from the kitchen to Des who is doing something in her room: “Des, come back! We miss you.” Des, absorbed in some work at her desk: “Keep missing…”
– Nik, I had a dream about you last night.
– Oh yeah?!
– Yeah! I dreamed you bought me a pony!
Des: Nik, I have a vegetable behind my back. It starts with an ‘a’.
Nik: … Apple?
Nik tests a few other fruit and vegetables, in English and Estonian, and finally gives up.
Des (triumphantly): Anion!
…and holds up a small bag of garlic.